Monday, April 4, 2011

Kickstarter closes with $23.729 - lots of work ahead!

The big news of course is the successful funding of the Wormworld Saga App on kickstarter.com. The backers there have pledged nearly double the amount of the original funding goal and that leaves me in pure awe. Yesterday I posted a video update on kickstarter.com and I figure that I can put it here, too. There is some information about the usage of the funds and some specific information for backers in it but I also talk generally about the next steps in the creation of the app and the online graphic novel.


To put it in a nutshell: there's a lot of work ahead and I will keep you updated on everything concerning the Wormworld Saga. The next update most likely will be the kickoff of the production of chapter two. I have worked over 15 hours on the preliminary version already and I soon will be able to set up my milestones for the final art. Finally I'll be able to concentrate on my artwork again. It's about time!

Oh, and I'm also proud to announce that, as of yesterday, the first chapter of the Wormworld Saga Online Graphic Novel was read 500.000 times. On to the million now!

7 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful inspiration !!!!!!!!! I wish you sooo much good luck !!! World needs exactly uplifting artists like you in my opinion:-) Comic is absolutely wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! I missed the kickstarter drive! Dear daniel, will there be a new one for Chapter 3? In the mean time, I guess I'll just use paypal *sigh* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo excited for the next chapters to come out and am SO happy that You got enough backing to work full time on your graphic novel.
    :D
    I couldn't pledge anything this time round but I'm so excited for the app. Hope it comes out soon!

    Btw, Daniel I think the video you posted is hilarious and so many of the little things you say make me giggile . . .
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your amazing comic and your incredible experience at Kickstarter. I automatically become your fan because I felt very identified. My dream is also to live creating comics. I wanted to enter Kickstarter and I wondered how you did living in Germany. This question is because I am from Argentina.
    (Sorry abaut my poor english)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ CastaÑete:

    I had help from my literary agency which is located in the US. Otherwise it would not have been possible to use kickstarter for my fundraising. If you have a close friend in the US he maybe could provide his bank account informtation in order to start your kickstarter project. Or you have a look on alternative websites like indiegogo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for your answer!! I'll be waiting for that spectacular second chapter.

    ReplyDelete